Article 1 Personal information
“Personal information” refers to the personal information as defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, and it refers to information related to a living individual that contains the name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information, and other descriptions that can be used to identify a specific individual (information for personal identification).
Article 2 Personal information acquisition method
The Company shall acquire customers’ personal information by the following methods:
- Information provided by the customer
Acquire through in-person interviews, telephone, postal mail, or email and acquire through an inquiry form or questionnaire
- Information provided by an external party
Acquire through a contractor, business partner, or service provider
Article 3 Purposes of acquiring and using personal information
The purposes for the Company to acquire and use personal information are as follows:
- Provide and operate the Company’s services
- Send the ordered or requested products, samples, invoices, and other items
- Respond to the inquiries from customers (including individual identification)
- Give the necessary notifications about maintenance and other important matters
- Identify customers who attempt to use the services for illicit or fraudulent purposes and refuse to provide the services
- Other purposes pertaining to the above
Article 4 Changes to the purpose of use
- The Company shall change the purpose of use of personal information only when the purpose of use is reasonably deemed to be related to the original purpose of use.
- When the purpose of use has changed, the customer shall be notified of the revised purpose using the method designated by the Company or announced on the website.
Article 5 Third party provision of personal information
The Company shall not provide personal information to third parties other than in the following cases:
- When consent has been obtained from the subject individual
- When it is necessary for the protection of human life, physical well-being, or property, and it is difficult to obtain consent from the subject individual
- When it is especially necessary for the improvement of public health or the promotion of the healthy growth of children and it is difficult to obtain consent from the subject individual
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a government institution, local government, or a contractor of such parties delegated with the execution of the duties designated by laws and regulations, and obtaining consent from the subject individual may hinder the execution of such duties
- When contracting all or part of the handling of personal information to a third party (contractor, business partner, et al.) within the scope necessary for the achievement of the purpose of use
- When personal information is provided in relation to the succession of business due to merger or other reason
Article 6 Disclosure of personal information
- The Company shall disclose the personal information to the subject individual without delay when the subject individual requests disclosure; provided, however, that in the event any of the following will occur as a result of the disclosure, all or part of the personal information may not be disclosed, and when it is determined not to disclose the personal information, the subject individual shall be notified to that effect without delay.
- (1) When it is likely to harm the life, physical well-being, property, or other rights and interests of the subject individual or a third party
- (2) When it is likely to significantly hinder the proper execution of the Company’s business
- (3) Otherwise disclosure will result in a violation of laws and regulations
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, information other than personal information, including historical information and attributes information, shall not be disclosed, in principle.
Article 7 Correction and deletion of personal information
- Customers may ask the Company to correct, add, or delete (hereinafter referred to as “Correction etc.”) personal information through the procedure designated by the Company in the case where the customer’s personal information possessed by the Company is incorrect.
- The Company shall make a Correction etc. to the personal information without delay when the Company deems it necessary to respond to the request after receiving the request from the customer in the preceding paragraph.
- The Company shall notify the customer without delay when the Correction etc. is made in accordance with the provision of the preceding paragraph or when it is determined that no Correction etc. will be made.
Article 8 Suspension of use, etc. of personal information
- The Company shall, without delay, conduct the necessary investigation in the event suspension of use or deletion of the personal information (hereinafter referred to as “Suspension of Use etc.”) is requested by the subject individual on the grounds that the personal information is being handled beyond the purpose of use or the information was acquired by fraudulent means.
- In the event it is determined necessary to comply with the request based on the results of the investigation in the preceding paragraph, the Company shall perform the Suspension of Use etc. of the personal information without delay.
- The Company shall notify the customer without delay in the event Suspension of Use etc. is performed or it is determined not to perform the Suspension of Use etc. in accordance with the provision of the preceding paragraph.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding two paragraphs, when the Suspension of Use etc. requires a large amount of expense or otherwise it is difficult to perform the Suspension of Use etc., and it is possible to take an alternative action necessary to protect the rights and interests of the customer, such alternative action shall be taken.
- The details of the Policy may be changed without notice to customers, excluding the situations set forth by laws and regulations or otherwise specified in the Policy.
Article 10 Inquiries
Please direct any inquiries concerning the Policy to the point of contact below.
Address: 2-6-4-1401 Hamamatsu-cho, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-0013
Company name: Santa Mineral Co., Ltd.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
End of text
Last updated on: July 1, 2021